Our current Lead teacher is heading off this Summer, so we are looking for an amazing teacher and leader to fill her shoes and dedicate themselves to our Summer Camps and new school year approaching this Fall!
We ask for a minimum of a 2 year committment for Lead Teachers. We will begin training for this postion in June, and in July our new teacher will start to lead our co-teaching team and students on their own.
After a interview, qualified applicants will show the ability to foster and lead a healthy working environment through some personality and strength profiling, and a working interview.
Lead Teacher Roles
Help create a professional, peaceful, loving and respectful environment for both Treehouse families and team by:
- helping the director maintain age appropriate environments and materials.
- fostering communication with parents and other teachers through daily interactions and meetings.
- overseeing student documentation and portfolios.
- co-leading Parent Teacher Conferences with Director.
- being a liaison between Director and other staff.
- leading and creating a themed/seasonal circle time each morning.
- partnering with the director and fundraiser coordinator for events and fundraisers by involving the schools community.
- leading and collaborating with 3 other Co-Teachers and our Kitchen Manager throughout the day and during curriculum/staff meetings.
- Current with CPR and First Aid
- Have taken the Recognizing and Reporting Abuse class
- Have a Food Handler's card
- Be enrolled in the Criminal History Registry through Oregon Childcare Division
(this may be done online RIGHT after your interview, if we've asked you to come back for a working interview)
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a Waldorf early childhood environment and 2+ years of teaching in a preschool
Hours, Wage & Benefits
- 35-40 hrs/week
- Starting at $13/ hr with a $1 raise option after your 90 day review
- Vegetarian, organic meals throughout the day provided
- Tea, coffee, supplements and herbs provided to help you stay healthy!
Please see our Staff Benefit Package for further details regarding benefits and PTO.